The Site Superintendent is responsible for coordinating and managing all new home construction activities within a project to insure Company objectives for schedule, budget, safety, and quality control are met in order to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and profitability.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and direct all construction activities from start to move-in.
- Insure all homes are delivered on time, and within budget. This includes utilization of Company scheduling program and authorization of payments for labor and material.
- Management of subcontractors: to include scheduling, inspection, quality control, and approval of work.
- Materials management: to include scheduling and checking deliveries, correcting take offs, and insuring proper installation.
- Safety: responsible for on-site implementation and management of Company safety program, to include inspections, toolbox talks, documentation, and reporting.
- Project maintenance: monitors job-site cleanliness and holds subcontractors responsible for daily clean up.
- Customer Satisfaction: ensures the deliveries of homes to our Customers are handled in a professional manner in order to achieve a high level of Customer Satisfaction.
- Minimum of 5 years residential construction management experience with a volume builder.
- Pursuing or completed Carpentry apprenticeship.
- Ability to motivate and influence change, across a broad spectrum of personnel.
- Knowledge of construction management systems and processes.
- Flexible and adaptable to rapid change.
- High degree of construction knowledge
- Strong hands-on manager with good decision making and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills. Position involves daily interaction with customers, outside agencies, subcontractors, vendors, and company personnel.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer skills (MS Office and Excel)
Why Rohit Group?
At Rohit Group, health and wellness are paramount concepts for our organization. This is why we supply all our permanent employees with a medical, dental, life and disability program. We also have a health and wellness plan to assist employees in becoming and staying healthy. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage for our employees and their families
- Health Spending Account for our employees and their families
- Group Life Insurance, Short term and Long term disability
- 100% Employer matched Group RRSP program
- Education reimbursement program
- Discounted rate at City of Edmonton recreational facilities
- Employee discount program on Rohit products
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to:
Kira Bocian, Human Resources Manager
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted