Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Senior Purchaser/Estimator is responsible for managing, negotiating and buying of all purchasing contracts for Rohit Communities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- In charge of all purchasing contracts and managing the process.
- Providing procurement input to improve model design processes.
- Biding and procurement management.
- Budgeting and management to the budget.
- Tenders, purchase order generation.
- Contract negotiation and deal signing.
- Supplier and Trade relationships.
- Participate and lead cost review and cost to complete review.
- Inventory control and forecasting of inventory requirements.
- Provide advice to Executive Management on future opportunities.
- Identify process issues and lead process improvement activities to reduce cost or improve throughput.
- Coach and mentor team; develop a succession plan; identify and develop the next generation of managers and leaders in the organization
- Cost reduction and strategic vendor relationship management.
- Develop and expand the available vendor base through business networking.
- Conducting periodic technical expert toolbox sessions on site to help improve technical implementation on site.
- Research and development related to purchasing.
- Quality control and management.
- Developing and expanding the trade base for the business including identifying future opportunities.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- 7 – 10 years progressive experience in a residential construction purchasing/estimating role.
- At least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Comprehensive experience establishing vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- In-depth business level understanding of job costing and any construction job costing Enterprise Resource Planning software (specifically Constellation Newstar).
- Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of the local trade market in the Edmonton residential and low to mid rise commercial construction industry.
- Top notch negotiator and quick decision maker
- Strong vendor manager & quality controller
- Builder of strong supplier relationships
- Collaborative team leader
- People developer
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Expert knowledge of construction and purchasing (residential & commercial)
- Creative and Innovative Thinking; out of the box problem solver
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Developing internal processes from the ground-up
- Mathematical Reasoning
Why Rohit Group?
At Rohit Group, health and wellness are paramount concepts for our organization. That is why we supply all our permanent employees with a medical, dental, life and disability program. We also have a health and wellness plan to assist employees in becoming and staying healthy. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage for our employees and their families
- Health Spending Account for our employees and their families
- Group Life Insurance, Short term and Long term disability
- 100% Employer matched Group RRSP program
- Education reimbursement program
How to Apply:
All applications should be sent to:
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted