Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Senior Buyer/Estimator is responsible for managing, negotiating and buying of all purchasing contracts for Rohit Communities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In charge of all purchasing contracts and managing the process.
- Providing procurement input to improve model design processes.
- Biding and procurement management.
- Budgeting and management to the budget.
- Project proformas, projected margin statements, and feasibility assessments.
- Tenders, purchase order generation.
- Contract negotiation and deal signing.
- Supplier and Trade relationships.
- High level scheduling and project management of entire subdivisions.
- Participate and lead cost review and cost to complete review.
- Quality control and management.
- Inventory control and forecasting of inventory requirements.
- Provide advice to Executive Management on future opportunities.
- Identify process issues and lead process improvement activities to reduce cost or improve throughput.
- Coach and mentor team; develop a succession plan; identify and develop the next generation of managers and leaders in the organization
- Cost reduction and strategic vendor relationship management.
- Develop and expand the available vendor base through business networking.
- Conducting periodic technical expert toolbox sessions on site to help improve technical implementation on site.
- Research and development related to purchasing.
- Developing and expanding the trade base for the business including identifying future opportunities.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- 5+ years progressive experience in a purchasing role.
- Comprehensive experience establishing vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices.
- Proven success in a supervisory, management or leadership role in residential construction Purchasing.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- In-depth business level understanding of job costing and any construction job costing Enterprise Resource Planning software (we use Constellation Newstar).
- Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of the local trade market in Alberta (specifically Edmonton and area) in the residential and low to mid rise commercial construction industry.
- Basic skills in mathematics, statistics and accounting.
- Top notch negotiator and quick decision maker
- Strong vendor manager & quality controller
- Builder of strong supplier relationships
- Collaborative team leader
- People developer
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Expert knowledge of construction and purchasing (residential & commercial)
- Creative and Innovative Thinking; out of the box problem solver
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Continuous improvement
- Enforces mandatory safety requirements (as applicable)
Why Rohit Group?
At Rohit Group, health and wellness are paramount concepts for our organization. This is why we supply all our permanent employees with a medical, dental, life and disability program. We also have a health and wellness plan to assist employees in becoming and staying healthy. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage for our employees and their families
- Health Spending Account for our employees and their families
- Group Life Insurance, Short term and Long term disability
- 100% Employer matched Group RRSP program
- Education reimbursement program
- Discounted rate at City of Edmonton recreational facilities
- Employee discount program on Rohit products
If you are a passionate person looking for a challenging opportunity and rewarding career…look no further! We are always looking to add talented individuals to our team.
How to Apply:
All applications should be sent to:
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted