The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the procurement of commodities, supplies, equipment, and services for Rohit Communities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a key manager in the Communities division, the Purchasing Manager is directly responsible and accountable for all tactical divisional procurement activities such as:
- Estimating for all models built in the division
- Provide procurement input to improve model design processes
- Bids and procurement management
- Budgeting and management to the budget
- Project proformas, projected margin statements and feasibility assessments
- Management and setup of the Constellation Newstar Enterprise Resource Planning construction procurement and scheduling system
- Tenders, purchase order generation
- Contract negotiation and deal signing
- Supplier and Trade relationships
- High level scheduling and project management of entire subdivisions
- Participate/lead Cost review and cost to complete review
- Quality control and management
- Inventory control and forecasting of inventory requirements
Strategic responsibilities include:
- Provide advice to Executive Management on future opportunities
- Identify process issues and lead process improvement activities to reduce cost or improve throughput
- Coach and mentor team; develop a succession plan; identify and develop the next generation of managers and leaders in the organization
- Cost reduction and strategic vendor relationship management
- Develop and expand the available vendor base through business networking
The Purchasing Manager’s primary job responsibility is to use his or her (and his or her team’s) expert knowledge of construction to accurately estimate takeoffs and then purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the best price, while simultaneously building a strong team of purchasing agents and project coordinators around him and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers.
Responsibilities will include strategic forecasting, contract negotiation, development of purchasing policies and procedures for ensuring the availability of all necessary materials required to support the manufacturing process, release scheduling of inbound raw materials and components, and ensuring adequate stock levels for production requirements.
- Top notch negotiator and quick decision maker
- Strong vendor manager & quality controller
- Builder of strong supplier relationships
- Collaborative team leader
- People developer
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Expert knowledge of construction and purchasing (residential & commercial)
- Creative and Innovative Thinking; out of the box problem solver
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Continuous improvement
- Enforces mandatory safety requirements (as applicable)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or construction related technical field from a recognized University or Technical training institute.
- 7 – 10 years progressive experience in a purchasing role. At least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Comprehensive experience establishing vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices.
- Proven success in a supervisory, management or leadership role in residential construction Purchasing.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- In-depth business level understanding of job costing and any construction job costing Enterprise Resource Planning software (we use Constellation Newstar).
- Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of the local trade market in Alberta (specifically Edmonton and area) in the residential and low to mid rise commercial construction industry.
- Basic skills in mathematics, statistics and accounting.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations in-person and using video conferencing.
- Is required to occasionally inspect and work on-site while units are under construction. Construction sites do present hazards – the Purchasing Manager must abide by all company safety policies.
Why Rohit Group?
At Rohit Group, health and wellness are paramount concepts for our organization. This is why we supply all our permanent employees with a medical, dental, life and disability program. We also have a health and wellness plan to assist employees in becoming and staying healthy. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage for our employees and their families
- Health Spending Account for our employees and their families
- Group Life Insurance, Short term and Long term disability
- 100% Employer matched Group RRSP program
- Education reimbursement program
- Discounted rate at City of Edmonton recreational facilities
- Employee discount program on Rohit products
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to:
Kira Bocian, Human Resources Manager
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted