Reporting to the President and Chief Financial Officer, the Operations Controller is accountable for reporting & monitoring the financial performance of our operating divisions. This management reporting is for the benefit of Divisional Operating Managers and Executives to monitor performance relative to budget & forecast but also for strategic planning decisions. The Operations Controller plays a facilitation and lead coordinator role for strategic planning in the organization. The Operations Controller is accountable for preparing the annual budget and regular forecast updates in coordination with Operations Managers. The Operations Controller is accountable to lead their team in providing full cycle job cost accounting with timely and accurate project financial reporting to monitor the performance of Rohit’s Communities, Land Development and Commercial divisions.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active participation with operational team with regards to financial performance, and oversight of controls primarily through monthly project review meetings of active and closed projects with Construction and Senior Executives, as required.
- Actively participate in new project set-up meetings and project forecasting to ensure timely and accurate recognition and recording of projects.
- In managing the Divisional Accountants, ensure consistency of reporting and policy management across all divisions.
- Develop and maintain internal controls for Project Accounting to ensure that reporting systems accurately report the results of a division in a timely manner.
- Ensure that a complete and accurate review of all projects is completed monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Review all working papers associated with month end, quarter end and year end reviews.
- Prepare monthly financial performance presentations, including divisional reporting packages, to the Executive team as well as Operations Managers.
- Compilation of management reporting packages and management discussion and analysis on a monthly basis for submission to the Corporate Controller.
- Development and maintenance of operational and financial key performance indicators.
- Cash flow forecasting updated not less than monthly based on divisional results and revised forecasts.
- Review and management of Vendor Take Back Land schedules and related land payment commitments.
- Review and management of rent collection.
- Develop strong working relationships with Procurement Coordinators and Project Managers in order to facilitate successful and profitable job completion.
- Assist with the development of project budgets.
- Ensure that project budgets are uploaded into the financial accounting system and that variance analysis is complete for actual to budget results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Review of divisional Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable balances.
- Coaching, mentoring and supervision of accounting team.
- Monitoring industry performance for benchmarking purposes from sources including Alberta New Home Warranty, Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation, and other industry consolidated financial performance indicators.
- CA, CMA or CGA designation.
- Minimum 8 years post-designation experience relating to financial reporting and particularly project accounting.
- Experience in the residential construction and/or land development industries is an asset.
- Ability to work in fast paced, deadline orientated environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills (from PowerPoint development through to presentation).
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using NewStar is an asset.
- Curiosity about how “the business runs” and “how it makes money”
Why Rohit Group?
At Rohit Group, health and wellness are paramount concepts for our organization. This is why we supply all our permanent employees with a medical, dental, life and disability program. We also have a health and wellness plan to assist employees in becoming and staying healthy. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage for our employees and their families
- Health Spending Account for our employees and their families
- Group Life Insurance, Short term and Long term disability
- 100% Employer matched Group RRSP program
- Education reimbursement program
- Discounted rate at City of Edmonton recreational facilities
- Employee discount program on Rohit products
If you are a passionate person looking for a challenging opportunity and rewarding career…look no further! We are always looking to add talented individuals to our team.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to:
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted